New Year’s Day ~ Two Years Ago
(A Modern!AU Les Mis fic, part of the Le Révolutionnaire series)
Summary: In which we go back to the newly-purchased and newly-painted A.B.C. Press at one in the morning a couple years before New Year’s is anyone’s anniversary, and find that the 1st of January still manages to be significant.
reminder that james t kirk
- was a walking stack of books during his academy days
- was way too immersed in his studies until he fell head over heels for a woman who he almost married
- plays 3d chess
- likes classic earth literature to the point where bones got him antique reading glasses
- is basically on good terms with all his exes that we know
- puts his crew and his ship before his love life
- literally the only times you see him use physical seduction on female characters is when a mission or lives are at stake, with most women he is completely respectful and on the rare occasion you see him trying to woo someone in sincerity it’s rather gentle courtship
reminder that james t kirk is a giant cute nerd who happens to be a competent captain and total hottie who loves a good fight but is also super sneaky when he needs to be and i just wish the reboot universe kirk was allowed to grow and develop in ways that showed he was still fundamentally this character instead of every troubled young man trope ever
This is actually how 99% of Australian food works
All Australian cuisine is based on improving shitty baked goods
Fairy bread: smother shitty bread in butter and dip in sprinkles
Lamingtons: smother stale cake in icing and dip in coconut
Damper: what happens when you take the ‘baked’ out of ‘baked goods’, as well as any ingredient more complicated than flour, and it somehow tastes excellent
Vegemite on toast: the sole purpose of this is to improve both the texture and flavour of cheap bread
In the 18th and 19th centuries, wealthy british and european lovers exchanged ‘eye miniatures’ - love tokens so clandestine that even now it is almost impossible to identify their recipients or the people they depict. They were meant to be worn inside the lapel, near the heart.
no but rly sam’s face whenever cas does something cute
he’s not judging or annoyed or mocking, he’s genuinely fond of the big old dork that cas is HE jUST THINKS HE’S SO ADORABLE HE SMILES AND THE LITTLE FURROW IN HIS BROW MELTS AWAY
HE JUST THINKS CAS IS ADORABLE
The final kissing scene for Thor 2: The Dark World was shot during retakes after the main filming was finished, but Natalie Portman, who portrays Thor’s love interest Jane Foster, wasn’t able to make it. ‘It was for reshoots and he was working in Hong Kong and I couldn’t get there because I was working on my own film,’ the actress said. Since Natalie wasn’t available, Chris’ wife Elsa Pataky was asked to stand in, and the kissing scene was pulled off with the help of some tricky camera angles. “And so they put his wife in my wig and costume, that’s why it was so passionate. It was such a perfect solution, wasn’t it,” said Natalie.